If your wondering how The 3 Day Alcoholic Challenge turned out; I’m about to tell you. I mentioned in the first post that on day #2, we decided that 3 days was simply not enough and extended to 5 days. I guess it’s really a 5 Day Alcoholic Challenge not 3 Days…but whatever!
In order to clearly define what an Alcoholic is; I found these symptoms via Google:
When alcohol abuse reaches the alcohol dependence stage, the person also experiences at least three of seven other symptoms, including neglect of other activities, excessive use of alcohol, impaired control of alcohol consumption, persistence of alcohol use, large amounts of time spent in alcohol-related activities, withdrawal symptoms and tolerance of alcohol.
Not to make light of what can and is a very serious issue for some people; Teresa and I decided to list our own criteria for the Challenge:
– Neglect of Activities
– Excessive sitting around.
– Endless gazing at nothing in particular.
– A slowed pace. Including boycotts on hiking.
– Excessive hammock usage.
– Extended ocean viewing.
– Prolonged afternoons spent listening to ocean sounds.
– Frequent thoughts of choosing of the next bar.
– Demanding a bar-tender that can keep up with our pace.
– Seeking out an experienced bar-tender that will make “Daiquiri Especial”.
– Insistence on only the FRESHEST ingredients.
– Swaying in a trance-like state to the slow beat of the music.
– Nightly occurrences of ocean side sitting watching the sunset.
– Romping in the water at random moments.
The question now is, “Who is the Winner?”
Teresa and I collaborated on this posting and we believe that we are BOTH winners!! Let me know if you agree….
- The 3-Day Alcoholic Challenge (arediscoveredlife.wordpress.com)